16/03/2015

The online book club


I think the last book I read cover to cover was To Kill a Mockingbird, not through choice, just because it was required for me to at least attempt to pass my English A level. Studying English took all the joy out of reading, it felt so forced to have to jot down notes, scrutinize every word rather than just enjoy what was written on the page.
Before that reading meant being tucked into bed eyes transfixed on the latest Jacqueline Wilson novel. Its like I forgot how enjoyable it really is, it takes you to a different place, almost allows you to be in someone else`s head for a while and I love it.

I want to reclaim my love for reading, my house is full of books, everywhere, I mean they are literally everywhere so it wont be hard to get started. I'm not really a fussy reader and I don't have a particular genre that I must stick to although I should admit I am the sort of person who does judge a book by its cover.

My previous read:
My mum recommended I get started on `The Farm` a thriller by Tom Rob Smith. I read it in about 4 days and I just couldn't put it down, I'm not so sure I was completely satisfied with the ending but It was an easy read, not the sort of thriller that requires your utmost concentration or you'll have no clue as to whats going on.

My current read:
I'm now onto The Radleys, a book written by Matt Haig, one of my mums favorites, she claims to have read it in a day. I won't even try to compete with that but so far I'm about 12 pages in and I am already very intrigued. 

What are you reading at the moment? I'd love some to add to my list. 

2 comments:

  1. I can so relate to a lot of what you've written, especially the Jaqueline Wilson part. Now I've finished A Levels it's so nice again to actually just read a book hahah - loved this post! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thank you. Haha Jacqueline Wilson is the best, I think every teen girl has read at least one of her books! x

      Delete

SLIDE1